I have entered the third trimester and our baby is soon to arrive. I am packing up my hospital bag and decided to share what I am packing in my hospital bag for baby and myself. When I had Keshav I was given a long list of items to buy for the hospital and I was so prepared and my bag was packed weeks ahead.
This time is more of a last minute packing situation and creating this list has helped put me at ease a bit to know I’m not missing anything.
I love making lists and getting organized. Hope my list helps you with getting ready and if you forget anything there’s always the hospital shop downstairs which I found with lots of the essential items.
For Baby Bag
- Baby wipes
- Baby Bum/Barrier cream
- Baby clothing at least 5 sets for hospital stay and a set to go home including beanie, socks, vests, babygro.
- Swaddling blanket
- 2 x Receivers
- Surgical spirits
- Cotton wool
- Baby toy
- Baby towel
- Baby products (bath and moisturisers)
For the mama:
- Lose fitting button down pajamas
- Nursing bras
- Maternity pads
- Breast pads
- linen savers
- Disposable underwear
- Body Lotion, lip balm, moisturiser, shaving set, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste,shampoo and conditioner
- Mobile phone chargers
- Identity document copies of father & mother for the birth certificate
- Birth plan
- An outfit for leaving hospital
- Feeding pillow
- My pregnancy diary from With Love baby
- Money if necessary
- Breastfeeding bars
- Breast pump ( if necessary)
- Nipple cream
- Mrs Milk Lactation oat bars to help with milk supply.
- Gift for sibling
- Traditional prayer/special items (frame, book, tokens)
I’m so excited to meet my little bundle. Counting down in excitement. The most magical day of my life was when I became a mum and I can’t wait to be a mum again.
Wishing you well on your journey