Board games and why we love them!
Games have been around for centuries and for good reason – they entertain, they’re fun and most importantly they bring people together! Today it is no different with people playing with friends, family members and in large groups. This type of entertainment has become so popular that we have even seen a number of Board game clubs crop up all over the country. Board games are great for children, teenagers and adults because there are games for everyone!
There are also numerous benefits to this type of play.
- You have fun and, as a result, feel good. One of the things that most often happens while we play is that we laugh, at ourselves and with others. As someone once said – “laughing is the best medicine”. Think Anti-Monopoly, Hotel Tycoon and Rummikub.
- It creates good family time. Spending time with the family, with no interruption and no distractions is one of the key benefits of playing boardgames. Switch off the TV, put cellphones on silent and gather your kids for a few hours of face to face fun! As a parent, it helps you teach your children fundamental skills such as strategy, being a diplomatic winner and a good loser.
- Memory formation and cognitive skills. Allowing your kids to play a board game helps them practice essential cognitive skills like problem solving. It stimulates complex thought and memory formation, especially if you’re playing games where children need to match a card with another. Games include Frozen Matching Game, Lion Guard Matching Game and Peppa Pig Dominoes.
- Speed up your responses. Get yourself a game like Rubik’s Speed Cube, Flipside or 20 Questions and you’ll get better at remembering and arriving at the answer or the objective of the game quicker.
- Child development: Board games can help with the development of logic and reasoning skills, improve critical thinking and boost spatial reasoning. Encouraging children to play different types of board games can also increase verbal and communication skills, while helping develop attention span and the ability to concentrate for longer periods of time. Games for developing these skills include Twist & Turn, L.O.L. Surprise Game and Minnie Play & Learn Educational Game.
Boom Blast Stix
Boom Blast Stix is the only explosive stacking game featuring sensitive, interlocking springs that when stacked together, can go off at any time so that players can test their mental and physical skills and ultimately, their nerves!
This game may look familiar, but don’t be fooled – Anti-Monopoly is a real estate trading game with an exciting twist! Players choose free enterprise or monopoly, then play under different rules. Competitors charge fair market value while monopolists take over whole neighborhoods and jack up rents. In real life, monopolists have an unfair advantage. But in Anti-Monopoly, competitors have a fair shot at winning. Ideal for ages 8 and up. Two to six players. RSP: 499.99
Available at top toy stores and retailers. For more information go to www.primatoys.co.za
Wikipedia – The Game about Everything
Think you know everything? Play Wikipedia: The Game About Everything and test your knowledge on a wide variety of subjects!
Wikipedia is a brand new game that will really challenge your general knowledge. And there’s no cheating allowed. Even though the game is based on the online encyclopaedia, players are not allowed to look up anything on their tablet, smartphone, laptop, nothing!
Wikipedia offers three exciting ways to challenge your brain: Wiki-Trivia, Wiki-Ranks and Disambiguation. It’s informative, it’s collaborative and it’s fun! Who will know the most about everything? You or your friends?
Wikipedia can be played by two to four players aged 8 to 80. The aim of the game is to answer questions correctly and win tokens. The person with the most tokens wins.
Wikipedia is available at all good toy stores and retailers nationwide. For more info go to www.facebook.com/primatoys or follow @PrimaToys
WIN A #PRIMAGAMEFEST WIKIPEDIA GAME
HOW TO ENTER:
- Share this post on social media tagging two friends and ;
- Leave a comment telling me about your favourite #PRIMAGAMEFEST from the above post and which one you cant wait to play and #PRIMAGAMEFEST
- Ensure you are subscribed to Real Life Mum blog and Facebook page.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.Competition closes 10 August 2018.
2. Winner will be contacted by social media inbox and will have to respond within 24 hours else another winner will be randomly chosen.
3. Open to South African residents only.
4. Agency will endeavor to deliver prize within 6 weeks of winner announcement.
5. Ensure you follow all steps for a qualifying entry.